Friday, March 7, 2008

Bombshell Sherlyn Chopra mistaken for a hooker - Arrested in Barcelona




Roughians call her a Paki prostitute and tried to molest her


By Flynn Remedios - Futuristic Media Network

Bollywood bombshell Sherlyn Chopra who was representing Bollywood at the Global Mobile World awards ceremony in Barcelona was technically arrested and released after a couple of hours when she was mistaken for a hooker on an expressway in Barcelona in the wee hours of the morning of the 12th Feb.

The story goes thus: Sherlyn was staying at the Hilton and wanted to have some fresh air. She loved the wide, clear expressways and Boulevards in Barcelona and walked out of her hotel at around midnight.

Sherlyn was wearing a mini skirt and a tight top with a denim jacket and went on walking into the clean, crisp air without realizing that she was walking into a 'not-so-good locality' of Barcelona.

After an hour of aimless jay walking, Sherlyn realized that she was lost. She also realized that she was not in the right place of town when some rough characters began stalking her and passing lewd comments. "I didn't realize that some rough looking characters had begun following me. It's only when they came too close for comfort and tried to touch me that I realized that I was in deep trouble and was lost in the middle of the night. The rowdies called me a Paki prostitute and a coloured bitch," says Sherlyn. Fortunately, she was whisked away from the spot by a police van only to find herself in police custody as she couldn't speak a word of Spanish and wasn't carrying any id proof or documentation with her when she went for her walk.

A spokesperson for the internet content company who had sponsored Sherlyn's trip admitted that there was some trouble. According to a director of the company who spoke to this journalist on condition of anonymity, "Sherlyn was a victim of some mistaken identity in Barcelona and was mistaken for an illegal immigrant since she was not carrying any documentation with her and couldn't speak a word of Spanish. Her phone too was not working. So she was taken to the local police station where she was allowed to make a call and once her identity was confirmed she was immediately released."

Her stylist and make up man Ojhas who had accompanied her to Barcelona also confirmed that such an incident took place. "I am right now in Africa, but I would like to confirm that such an incident did take place," confirmed Ojhas via SMS.

Explaining the story, Sherlyn says. "I had lost my way when I when for a walk. After walking for about half hour, I found myself being followed by some tough looking characters. Since I was in Barcelona and couldn't speak Spanish and didn't know the way back to my hotel, I requested them to help me find my way back, the people there began to take advantage of my helplessness and started troubling me. They made fun of me and one of them tried to touch me. Others abused me using racial slurs and called me a prostitute. Though I had the roaming facility on my Vodafone cell phone, the outgoing was not working. I couldn't even make a call to my hotel. That was when a police van came by and the cops began interrogating me. They took me for an illegal immigrant and insisted that I accompany them to the police station. I kept pleading with them in English and tried to tell them that I was representing my country for an international event. However I had to go to the local police station where I called my hotel and my colleagues who then confirmed my status. The red faced cops then let me go with an apology. This incident has left a sad taste about Barcelona. Though I am not traumatized, I shudder to think of what could have happened had the cops not to have landed up there at that time.

However, Sherlyn is very upset that no action was taken by the Barcelonian cops against the rowdies who tried to molest her and used racial language against her.


Sherlyn's album and music video was showcased at the World Mobile Congress and received a standing ovation. She also met with Hollywood legend and Indecent Proposal star Robert Redford and Grammy award wining rapper Will.i.am of the Black Eyed Peas. who congratulated her for her Outrageous album. Both of them have expressed a strong desire to work with her and have even offered her different projects.