Tuesday, June 2, 2009

ACTRESS KRISHIKA GUPTA GETS THREATENING CALLS – FILES POLICE COMPLAINT







SAYS POLICE REFUSED TO REGISTER HER COMPLAINT

By Frank Franklyn – Futuristic Media Network

For actress and stage performer Krishika Gupta, the plot just couldn’t get thicker. She probably never realized when she consented to do a photo shoot with Garam Masala and Lucky Oye actress Neetu Chandra, the kind of mess she would be in.

On Monday, upcoming actress and model Krishika Gupta (who actually spells her name as Krrishika) along with her Manager and Publicist filed a police complaint at the Santacruz Police Station in suburban Mumbai (NC No 1554/08 u/s 506 IPC) after the sexy and voluptuous actress began receiving threatening calls. Apparently, the caller warned her not to speak to the media on the photo shoot issue and threatened her with dire consequences if she continued to give media interviews.

On Saturday in a press release issued by her Publicist Flynn Remedios, Krrishika had alleged that she was molested, pinched on the rear, abused and her modesty outraged during the shoot at a 5-star hotel at Juhu in suburban Mumbai.

She also blamed the police for not registering her complaint of molestation and outraging the modesty of a woman. Said Krrishika, “Though I told them (police officials) that some people had tried to pull off my robe, pinched me and abused me, they refused to take down that part of my complaint.” Her manager Flynn Remedios added, “We first went to the Versova Police Station at Andheri in suburban Mumbai as that’s where Krrishika resides. But they directed us to the Juhu Police station. The Juhu Police sent us to the Santacruz Police Station. We spent almost three hours driving from one police station to the other. The police refused to add section 354 and 509 which deals with outraging the modesty of a woman. They only took down a complaint u/s 506 which is criminal intimidation.”

In an official statement released on Saturday in Mumbai by her publicist Flynn Remedios, Krrishika Gupta said, “I was exploited, pinched on the rear, molested and abused. While Neetu Chandra was provided with security, the organizers of the photo shoot left me to fend for myself. I had offered to get my own assistant along, but they told me that every thing would be provided for at the venue. I was told that it was a very artistic and classy shoot for a very prestigious magazine. When I reached the venue, I realized that these were all empty promises.”

“During the shoot, since we were shooting in bikinis in the open on Juhu beach and at a hotel adjoining the beach, some people tried to touch me and even tried to pull away the bath robe that I had put on over the bikini to cover myself. When I complained to the organizers no action was taken. The organizers were very busy ensuring that the shoot was completed as per their plans – since a crowd had collected by then - and did not pay any heed to my complaint. I feel completely cheated by the organizers and will sue them for the indignity and insult endured by me. There was no proper security. Though the shoot was on the open beach, no police permission was taken nor was any police official present.”


For more photos of Actress Krrishika
click here or go to http://bollymanager.blogspot.com



(CONTENT AND PHOTOS © FLYNN REMEDIOS)